The student news site of Travis Ranch Middle School

Blazer Boiler

• October 1910/30 Travis Ranch Vocal Music Fundraiser

• October 1910/23- 10/27 Red Ribbon Week

• September 15Starts 10/30 We Scare Hunger Food Drive

Teacher Feature

Mrs. Bremer

Staff members like Mr. Plunkett (Right) and Mrs. Curtis (Left) are part of what makes Mrs. Bremer  (Middle) love Travis Ranch.

Staff members like Mr. Plunkett (Right) and Mrs. Curtis (Left) are part of what makes Mrs. Bremer (Middle) love Travis Ranch.

File Photo

File Photo

Stephanie Weitzman, Photojournalist

Travis Ranch Middle School is in a family friendly community made up of great students and staff such as Mrs. Bremer. Having taught US history among other subjects for twelve years Mrs. Bremer makes learning enjoyable which is a great quality in a teacher.
Her favorite quote is by US admiral Grace Hopper which is “The most dangerous phrase in the language is “we’ve always done it this way.”
Growing up, Mrs. Bremer thought that history was uninteresting. When college came around, she decided to major is sociology. There, Mrs. Bremer found a passion for history as she self-educated herself by reading lots of history. After just a half year of student teaching at Kramer Middle School, Mrs. Bremer was offered a teaching job at Travis Ranch.
Her favorite part about working at Travis Ranch are the kids and staff. “The kids are fun and goofy and the staff are people I hang out with outside of school,” she said. One of Mrs. Bremer’s students Max Boone says “She is very fun and energetic.” Mr. Plunkett, Mrs. Bremer’s former student teacher says “Mrs. Bremer taught me everything I know, even the bad stuff.”
Previously Mrs. Bremer has taught World History, Ancient Civilizations, Life Skills, and Study Skills
In addition to the great kids and supportive staff, location is also a part of why Mrs. Bremer loves Travis. Living close to l helps make going to and from work convenient. Her two kids were able to go to school in the area and her husband also works nearby. Mrs. Bremer even has a niece, 8th grader Sydney Bremer, in one of her classes making everyday exciting. “Working in the same area you live in makes it feel like you’re giving back to the community.”