Jumping to Help Others

Popular Travis club initiates drive to assist families in need

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jumping to Help Others

The Travis JUMP Club initiates a campaign for HIS House in Placentia.

Travis Yearbook

Travis Yearbook

Travis Yearbook

Kaitlyn Duncan, Photojournalist

This April from the 1st – 24th  JUMP Club collected baby products (baby wipes, diapers, walmart gift cards, etc.) for local families in need. Students were encouraged to donate these products to JUMP Club so that we can help people that need these items. Donations were sent to HIS House, an organization in Placentia to help the homeless.

As a prize for the homeroom that donates the most supplies to JUMP Club, all of the students in that 2nd period class will get a donut party. Travis Ranch student, Allison Carr said “ I think that it is amazing what JUMP Club is doing because there are families out there with low paying jobs or are unemployed and cannot support their families and desperately need baby wipes, diapers and other things that the JUMP Club was collecting ”. Allison Carr really explained how impactful this “baby shower” is on the community. These baby products are very helpful to people with children that can’t afford everything that they need. The donations really do make a difference in the life of the person receiving these gifts.  

Along with helping people in need this event let students help the people around them. For people that love to make the world a better place these JUMP Club events are a great way for them to channel their passion. By letting students express themselves by helping others JUMP Club’s donations help to provide adults, children and babies with better lives.

JUMP stands for Junior Upcoming Medical Professionals and is a middle school version of HOSA. HOSA is a  student led organization, HOSA stands for Health Occupations Students of America, people in HOSA gives students a chance to explore the world of health care. By joining JUMP Club middle school students are able to participate in some of HOSA’s events. JUMP Club goes on field trips, listens to speakers, has mentorships and discusses possible futures that students could have in the medical field.