Blazer Boiler

• June 1Final Yearbook Sales June 12-14 (break and lunch) while supplies last

• June 1Pop Show- 8-9PM Wednesday June 6th (gym)

• June 1End of The Year Concert June 7th 6-8pm (Upper Field)

A Fairy Tale Night

The Annual Kinder Ball is a way for parents to share a magic evening with their prince and princesses.

Sydney Rome

Sydney Rome

Meaghan Hurley, Photojournalist

Travis Ranch hosted its annual Kinder Ball on Friday, May 4th in the MPR.  Imagine as a little kindergartener, all your fairy tales coming true. The Kinder Ball gives kindergartners exactly that. For the last three months of school, kindergarteners at Travis Ranch Elementary School learn all about their favorite fairy tales and characters like Cinderella and Moana. The Travis Ranch PTA decided to put those books into a reality.

Dancing and Music

Kindergarteners go to the ball with one of their parents as dates and enjoy the fantastic music. They play a variety of music that the kindergarteners can dance and boogie too. Alan Cason, the DJ at the kinder ball played dancing songs like the Cha-Cha Slide by DJ Casper and Watch Me by Silento. Kindergarteners also got the chance to have a father-daughter and mother-son dance with each other, just like in all of our favorite fairy tales.

“Volunteering was so much fun because I loved to see all the little kids dressed up all fancy and how happy they looked.”

– Sydney Rome

Food

This year the food being catered was very special, it was in fact Chick-Fil-A! The young students got to eat delicious chicken nuggets with a side of fruit and other snacks with dipping sauces. On top of Chick-Fil-A chicken, there were tons of desserts to fill all the kids sweet tooths. Brownies, cupcakes, Rice Krispie treats, and many more were all attacked by the parents and all the young hungry children. MIddle school students who volunteered to be characters or photographers were also supplied with three pizzas all to there own, to fill up there apatite from helping out.  

Volunteers

“Volunteering was so much fun because I loved to see all the little kids dressed up all fancy and how happy they looked, said middle school student Sydney Rome. Volunteers like Rome, Kaitlyn Yukihiro, Jacob Pierro and Riley Schnakenberg  and others either dressed up as fairy tale characters, worked concessions, or photographed the kids as volunteers. Those that  acted as characters got to interact with the kindergarteners, danced with them, and helped them with crafts and activities. Students who worked on concessions, served food and created sparkly glitter tattoos for the young royaltys’ arms and faces. The last group of volunteers played the roll of photographers, and stood outside in front of the red carpet entrance and acted as paparazzi. They took photos of people as they walked into the ballroom and added that extra touch to what was an amazing evening. 

At the end of the night, the kids in kindergarten got to enjoy their favorite fairy tale stories, Chick-Fil-A nuggets, and amazing tunes. This will surely be a night to remember for these special kids.