Blazer Boiler

• April 1Career Day 4/12

• April 1End of 3rd Quarter Minimum Day 4/12

• April 1MS Dance 4/26 After School

Her To Hero

Back to Article
Back to Article

Her To Hero

Brie Larson plays the role of Captain Marvel and showed women that no matter what, they can all be strong and empowering just like her.

Google Images

Google Images

Google Images

Janey McIntire, Photojournalist

On March 8th, 2019, A Marvel film was released, punching a hole through the box office with more than $1 billion in ticket sales. The directors, Anne Boden and Ryan Fleck, displayed the sci-fi genre perfectly.

Brie Larson, AKA Captain Marvel, was more than happy to portray this wonderful character. She claims to have read Marvel comics when she was a girl, and this simple act had made her even more excited for the job. Of course, she had perfectly portrayed this Marvel superhero and will be coming back in Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame.

Jude Law, playing Yon-Rogg, is utmost importance in this story line. In an Interview, he tells the interviewer that the suits are not comfortable. He also says in the interview that not just him, but the other cast members had to wear cloaks from trailers to bathrooms to not ruin the whole movie.

Samuel L. Jackson, playing our wonderful character, Nick Fury the director of Shield. We have seen Jackson work with Larson in other films, like Kong: Skull Island, Unicorn Store, and Farce of the Penguins, but this time the iconic duo are starring in this Marvel film together. He has also been in other Marvel movies, like: The Avengers, Captain America, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I asked people what they thought about the movie and some of the people I got were Corinne McIntire, Isaac Burgess, Sophie Muse, and Alina Shah.

Corinne McIntire, offered a parent perspective that resonates with females of all ages. “I thought it was very empowering to women.”

Isaac Burgess, from Yorba Linda, enjoyed the movie as a whole. “I liked it, because it was full of action and it was a really good plot,”.

Sophie Muse, a trailblazer at Travis Ranch Middle School, answered “I thought it was a very well done movie. I thoroughly enjoyed Carol’s determination and sarcasm,”.

Alina Shah, another student at Travis Ranch Middle School, said “I thought that the movie was really good, and it was definitely better than the [Avengers:] Infinity War, because it had more character development.”

I thought that the casting had been one of my favorite parts because they bring in people we love to play amazing characters, such as Jackson and Clark Gregg. The setting was creative and wondrous giving off the perfect effect for an action movie. Another one of my favorite parts was the script, it was humorous yet, serious. The costume design was absolutely extraordinary and looked unearthly, just like in the comics. Overall,  this story shows that women can be just as strong and believable in superhero roles as men can.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go and pet my flerken.