Teacher of the Year Returns to Travis Ranch Middle!

Mr. Plunkett receiving “Teacher of The Year Award for the 2023 school year”

Travis Ranch’s Teacher of The Year Award for the 2023 school year was given to Mr. Plunkett!

Mr. Plunkett, a beloved math teacher at Travis Ranch was honored to accept the Teacher of The Year Award. The Teacher of The Year Award is given by the PYLUSD district, and they think deserves it most. Thursday, February 2nd, of 2023 Mr. Plunkett Received the Teacher of The Year Award in his 3rd-period class. There was a knock on the door, and many important people from the district filled the room with cameras, balloons, cake, and a special plaque. It was an honorable gathering where Mr. Plunkett received many gifts and compliments from the district. Mr. Plunkett received the Teacher of the Year Award because of his dedicated time with his classes and his work, his repeated voluntary actions, and his utmost measures to make sure his students are getting the education they need.

Mr. Plunkett receiving the “Teacher of the Year Award” reflects how great of a teacher he is. This just shows how much his students and staff appreciate him and his effort to increase students’ education in a fun and effective way. When Mr. Plunkett accepted the Teacher of The Year Award you could just tell by how loud the clapping of his 3rd-period class showed how much students show their appreciation for Mr. Plunkett getting this Award.

No such thing as a teacher of the year without the incredible staff and students at Travis Ranch. You’re all, along with Patrick Star, the heroes of my book”-Mr. Plunkett.

With every year Mr. Plunkett has worked at Travis Ranch, he has gotten even better at making learning fun. He strives to be the best teacher possible, every day. Here at Travis Ranch, we absolutely love Mr. Plunkett and are always excited to be in his class. All of the staff and students appreciate everything he does when contributing to the education of young minds. 

“Seething jealousy, obviously–because Mr. Plunkett (the lesser) has proven himself to be cool in so many ways and it is difficult to not admire his hard work, ingenuity, and dedication to his craft. He is a worthy adversary.”-Mrs. Chen.

In conclusion, everyone at Travis Ranch can agree that Mr. Plunkett is an amazing teacher and definitely deserves this award. Mr. Plunkett received the Teacher of the Year Award because of how dedicated to his work, his repeated voluntary actions, and the abundance of kindness he radiates to everyone at this school.