Travis Ranch Career Day!

Emily Darnell, Contributor

Where students get ideas for their future!

Travis Ranch Career Day happened on April 8th, 2022. Parents and volunteers came and spoke to students about their jobs to give students ideas about what their future could potentially hold. Students were able to choose what they wanted to learn about for career day and basically chose their schedules for the day.

Some students chose them because they were actually interested, and some chose them because their friends chose them. ¨My favorite session was the Dog [trainer] because the dogs were really cute.¨ -Ashley Driskill (Grade 8).

The day started with students gathering in the gym to watch a video of a successful businessman, persevering and climbing mount Everest. By the end of the day, students were able to get an idea of what they wanted to do when they got older. Parents and volunteers worked hard to make presentations fun and interesting for every student. Students wrote thank you cards to their favorite career day volunteers.

The dog trainer brought three dogs! Roxy was a big hit for many students. This adorable little puppy started out as a not-so-good dog, but with the help of an amazing dog trainer, she was able to calm herself (as well as learn how to go outside for her business). Career day was so much fun for several students especially because some presenters went out of their way to make fun activities for students.