Welcome Spring

Easter was a great way to bring in the new season

google images

Egg hunts and bunnies are just two symbols of the joy of Spring.

Kiana Brumbaugh, Photojournalist

This year on April 1st 2018, Easter Sunday took place. Easter was the Sunday before Spring Break which is a time for families and friends to get together to spend quality time with one another. This holiday is one of the most celebrated along with Christmas, due to the fun events that take place like Easter Egg Hunts. It is also a time people take to travel to see sights and be with their family and make memories together. Although this is April Fool’s Day, Easter was enjoyable with pranks and Eggs and Chocolate. Even middle school students still enjoy hunting for eggs stuffed with goodies and sweets to eat. This is also a time where faith based people can go to church and celebrate God’s re-birth and his rising. The are many reasons Easter is so important and memorable for everyone. One reason this season of Easter time is so popular, is due to all the time you get to spend with others, and going to Church to celebrate family beliefs.

Many students traveled to see family members either close by or far away. John Hanouneh stated, “I got to visit my uncle who I do not get to see very often.”

Other students enjoyed staying home and sleeping in, while celebrating Easter Sunday with their family and seeing their friends. Lily Springer said, “I had a sleepover with a few of my friends on Tuesday..” She enjoyed her time to get to know her friends better, and making memories with them all.

Another thing multiple students did at Easter time was go on a splendid vacation. One student Estelle Murphy claimed, “I got to go to Fashion Island and Knott’s Berry Farm on Monday.”

Students experienced Easter in different ways, but everyone was able to enjoy this time to spend to get to know others better, enjoy some free time away from school stress, and celebrate God’s re-birth. It was a great way to recharge and get ready for the final 10 weeks of the 2017-18 school year.