Blazer Boiler

• May 143 on 3 basketball begins May 15

• May 148th grade field trip June 3rd

• May 14State Testing Begins May 20th

Our Day

WE Club throws its annual party for solidarity and compassion.

+Travis+Ranch%27s+respected+WE+Club+President%2C+Angelina+Hellwig%2C+standing+along+side+internet+sensation+Jojo+Siwa+as+she+shares+her+2018+contributions+with+the+crowd.
Back to Article
Back to Article

Our Day

Travis Ranch's respected WE Club President, Angelina Hellwig, standing along side internet sensation Jojo Siwa as she shares her 2018 contributions with the crowd.

Ava Langpap

Ava Langpap

Ava Langpap

Ava Langpap, Photojournalist

On April 19th, 2018, in L.A.’s Inglewood Forum, a lucky portion of Travis Ranch’s WE Club participated in the, “Manifestation of the WE Movement,” or more specifically, WE Day. WE Day is an unparalleled celebration of young people committed to making a difference. This unique event brings world-renowned speakers and A-list performers together with tens of thousands of people to praise their contributions and get ready to kick-start another year of inspiration! Another characteristic that makes WE Day so different from other events is the fact that a ticket can’t be bought, only earned through service. Amazingly, Mrs. Hellwig was able to score Travis Ranch not only ground seats, but spots right in front of the stage! Some fortunate few even grabbed a wave from Jennifer Aniston, a high five from the Chainsmoker’s Andrew Taggart, or even a wink from John Stamos!

“WE Day is a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities. It is an ocean of people coming together to create an impact.” -Marc Kielburger, WE Co-Founder 

Some of this year’s WE Day attendees include, Selena Gomez(actress and multi-platinum recording artist), Jennifer Aniston(actress and producer), The Chainsmokers(artist producer duo), Will Ferrell(actor), Liza Koshy(actress and internet sensation), Maddie Ziegler(actress and dancer), Cameron Kasky and Jaclyn Corin(co founders of the #never again movement and organizers of the “March for our Lives”), Laurie Hernandez(olympic gold medalist and New York Times Best-Selling author), and Craig and Marc Kielburger(co-founders of WE). These are only a few of the countless people who voluntarily devoted their time to be there with us, and willingly shared priceless experiences and advice with all of us.

“It was an awesome experience and a great way to celebrate our contributions throughout the year!” -Zoe Severson(8th Grade WE Day attendee)

Beginning as a single event nearly 10 years ago, WE Day has evolved into a series of 19 stadium-sized events held across the United States, Canada, the UK, and the Caribbean. WE Day is a one-of-a-kind even that inspires change both locally and globally; an absolutely unforgettable occasion that influences millions. Even when you thought WE Day couldn’t get any better… ABC will be airing a 1-hour national televised broadcast of WE Day on August 17th, 2018, at 8pm. Be sure to set a reminder! Or maybe even consider joining WE club and earn your spot in the next WE Day!