Trash on Campus!

Brody Reeds, Contributor

I have been at Travis Ranch for 9 years, and the trash has never been this bad, and untouched.

I think I speak for everyone when I say a change needs to be made. The trash levels here are extremely high, and unacceptable. I know that Mr. Plunkett has been addressing the problem as well, and he arranged a trash pick-up day on a Thursday a few weeks ago. I really like this strategy of cleaning our campus, and there should be more days just like this one.

Trash can lead to many problems such as stepping on gum, environmental issues, killing animals, polluting the air, etc. I feel that the trash here should be taken care of a lot more than it previously has been. In all of the years that I’ve been here, I couldn’t name a time when the whole school was so fresh and so clean, so fresh and so clean (see what I did there).

I love the school, and I want it to look as good as possible because I can speak for a lot of people when I say that it’s never a good vibe when we see a bunch of trash laying around all over the campus, and for no reason.

We have trash cans for a reason, and we need to start using them. It was just yesterday that I went out to get some pictures of the trash around campus, and what I found was astonishing. In the span of about 150 square feet, I found countless pieces of trash. It truly blew my mind, I just couldn’t wrap my head around how many people chose to take their food out onto the grassy field and leave it there for the animals to clean up. The animals can be harmed depending on what they consume, but animals do not deserve to die just because a careless student made the wrong decision. We love our animals, and the problem is not stressed enough around the school, so we have to do something about it. I feel that as a school, we should aim to make the campus of Travis Ranch Middle School as beautiful as it ever has been. I truly do love this school, campus, students, and staff and I don’t want the trash-covered campus to represent TR because deep down, I know we are better than that. Overall, I feel that the trash here at Travis isn’t acceptable, and a change needs to be made.

If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and MAKE THAT CHANGE” -Michael Jackson;  “Man In The Mirror”.